Handling Common Workplace Injury Cases Throughout New York City, Shirley, Riverhead, Ronkonkoma, Garden City, and Surrounding Areas
If you suffered a serious injury on the job in NYC or surrounding areas, you should hire an experienced New York City workers’ compensation attorney as soon as possible to protect your rights and maximize your benefits. To get the best result, your attorney must understand the medical and legal issues involved, the type of work you do, how much you earn, whether you expect to lose time from work and whether your injuries are expected to be permanent.
At Turley Redmond Rosasco & Rosasco, L.L.P., you will be represented by attorneys with decades of focused experience in New York state workers’ compensation law. Unlike at some firms, you will work closely with our lawyers rather than just paralegals. We take the time to get to know our clients so that we can be powerful advocates for them at hearings before judges of the New York Workers’ Compensation Board.
What Are the Most Common Workers’ Compensation Injury Claims
Every New York City workers’ compensation attorney at our firm have handled all types of accidents and injuries, from fractures and strains to permanent and catastrophic injuries, including fatal injuries:
- Back, neck and spinal cord injuries (herniated disk, bulging disk, fractured necks, fractured vertebra, spinal cord trauma, back strain, back sprains)
- Shoulder, elbow, wrist and hand injuries (torn rotator cuff, torn labrum, ruptured bicep, broken arm, amputations, dislocations, sprained wrist, carpal tunnel syndrome)
- Leg, knee and foot injuries (hip fracture, broken femur, torn meniscus, torn ACL, dislocated knee, ankle injury, Achilles heel, foot fractures, broken toes)
- Head injury (skull fracture, facial bones, traumatic brain injury, post-concussion syndrome)
- Amputation or loss of use (loss of limb, hand, fingers, feet, toes)
- “Soft tissue” injuries (ligaments, tendons, muscles, nerve damage)
- Facial scarring or disfigurement
- Burn injury
- Complex regional pain syndrome (CRPS)/reflex sympathetic dystrophy (RSD)
- Vision loss or hearing loss
- Injuries due to toxic chemical exposure
In addition to claims arising from a specific accident or incident, we handle repetitive stress injuries (carpal tunnel syndrome, neck injuries and trigger finger) that occur from overuse or cumulative damage over time. We also handle other occupational disease claims, such as mesothelioma and asbestosis from workplace exposure to asbestos or brain damage or cancer from exposure to chemicals. Our firm also handles work-related deaths, pursuing workers’ compensation death benefits on behalf of the surviving family members.
Maximizing Your Medical and Lost Wage Benefits
Your employer or its workers’ compensation insurance carrier is obligated to pay for medical expenses and future care stemming from a work-related injury. This includes emergency room treatment, diagnostic tests, hospitalization, doctor visits, medications, medical equipment, physical therapy and necessary surgery.
Turley Redmond Rosasco & Rosasco will advocate for you in the claims process, and in hearings and appeals, if you are denied surgery or other treatment necessary to your recovery, or if you are pressured to return to work prematurely or threatened with termination of your medical benefits. Similarly, if your claim was denied or if your weekly benefits do not reflect the degree of disability or your total earnings, we can intervene to set things right.
Hardworking Lawyers Committed to Your Recovery – Contact a New York City Workers’ Compensation Attorney Today
Please see our workers’ comp FAQ pages or arrange a free consultation with a New York City workers’ compensation attorney at our firm to discuss your injuries and our abilities. Call the TRRR firm toll free at 800-671-4927 or contact us online. We have convenient offices located in New York City, Shirley, Riverhead, Ronkonkoma, and Garden City.