Social Security Disability Lawyers Helping Clients Obtain Benefits in New York City and Long Island
Are you unable to do your regular work because of a physical or mental impairment, or a combination of both? If your condition is expected to keep you out of work for 12 months or more, or your condition is terminal, you may qualify for federal Social Security Disability benefits. You should talk to the experienced Social Security disability lawyers at Turley Redmond Rosasco & Rosasco, L.L.P. about filing for benefits — or appealing your denied claim.
Social Security Disability can pay you a monthly benefit of over $2,600 per month in 2014, depending on how much you paid into the system during your working career. If you have dependents, your benefits could total more than $3,000 per month for your entire family. In addition, if you are granted Social Security Disability benefits, you are also entitled to receive the same Medicare health insurance that people age 65 and over receive from the federal government.
Turley Redmond Rosasco & Rosasco is recognized as one of the leading Social Security Disability firms in the New York metropolitan area and Long Island. Our firm has won more than 10,000 claims in the past 25 years, from initial application through administrative law judge (ALJ) hearings and federal court appeals. Our attorneys teach courses in Social Security Disability law at local law schools and to other attorneys at national conferences.
Our strategy is simple – unlike some other firms, we personalize your claim rather than treating you like a widget in a “disability factory.” This takes a little more work – but our results speak for themselves.
Contact us today for a free consultation at any of our New York or Long Island locations. Our attorneys have secured benefits for all types of impairments, from back injuries to heart disease to mental illness.
Social Security Disability Lawyers with a Winning Record
The large majority of initial claims for Social Security Disability (SSD) are turned down. Turley Redmond Rosasco & Rosasco has a high success rate because of our experience and approach:
- We are not a national practice, but a local New York and Long Island firm. Our attorneys meet with clients one-on-one in the office to understand their disability, their former work and their current restrictions to prepare clients for their hearings.
- Our cases are handled by real lawyers, not “advocates.” We have the medical knowledge and courtroom skills to cross-examine experts and persuade judges our clients truly deserve disability benefits.
- Troy Rosasco is recognized as a top SSD attorney who trains other disability lawyers. He has been named to the list of Super Lawyers in Social Security Disability law and is frequently quoted in newspapers and on television as an authority on disability issues. He has argued and won important disability cases in the highest federal court in New York. He currently teaches Social Security Disability law at St. John’s University Law School on Long Island in addition to his full-time work at the firm.
Our Manhattan and Long Island Attorneys Are With You Every Step Through The Disability Process
You will never be alone when you hire Turley Redmond Rosasco & Rosasco, L.L.P., to help you win your disability claim. The Social Security Administration (SSA), just like the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), is a massive federal bureaucracy that can easily intimidate claimants with disabilities. Thankfully, we have had great success guiding our clients through the “disability maze” for over 25 years throughout New York City and Long Island.
Unlike many law firms, we assist clients with the initial application for benefits. We carefully listen to clients and document their symptoms and treatment, then develop an appropriate strategy for the case. We have been successful at every level of the process:
- Initial claims
- Administrative law judge (ALJ) hearings
- Appeals Council review
- Federal court appeals
Our goal is to control the claims process by knowing more than the Social Security Administration and the ALJ assigned to your case. The key is diligent research (especially for rare or uncommon conditions), proper documentation and presentation of medical evidence, and sitting down with clients to prepare them to tell their story at the hearing. We break out the medical textbooks when we have to.
We treat every case individually, based upon the specific facts of the case. For example, we will prepare an application for a construction worker with a bad back much differently than we would for a bank manager with heart disease, or a teacher with depression, or a nurse with cancer.
Qualifying Impairments for Social Security
A diagnosis, or even a visible injury or impairment, is not enough to win Social Security Disability benefits. You must meet specific medical criteria, and demonstrate that your medical condition causes serious physical or mental restrictions that prevent you from working. You must prove your disability claim. That’s where an experienced SSD lawyer comes in.
At Turley Redmond Rosasco & Rosasco, L.L.P., we have a reputation for results even in hard-to-win categories of impairment, such as fibromyalgia and mental illness claims. Over the past 25 years, our team has won benefits for more than 10,000 clients in Social Security Disability claims, hearings and appeals.
We represent individuals from Suffolk County, Nassau County and the New York metropolitan area. Contact us today for a free consultation for assistance with your claim.
Success With Physical And Mental Impairment Claims
Attorney Troy Rosasco is a leading SSD lawyer who won some of the earliest cases involving HIV/AIDS, chronic fatigue syndrome, chronic pain disorders and inflammatory diseases. He leads a legal team that has been successful with a wide range of claims, such as:
- Spinal disorders — Herniated disk, spinal stenosis, compression fractures, spinal fusion, artificial disk replacement, osteoarthritis, osteoporosis
- Mental illness — Depression and bipolar disorder, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), anxiety disorders, schizophrenia, ADD/ADHD
- Orthopedic disabilities — Shoulder surgery, hip surgery, knee surgery, hand surgery
- Heart disease — Congestive heart failure, ischemic heart disease, heart attack, enlarged heart, heart transplant, valve disease
- Neurological disorders — Stroke, seizures, multiple sclerosis (MS), Parkinson’s disease, myasthenia gravis, ALS (Lou Gehrig’s disease), Alzheimer’s, brain tumor, dementia
- Inflammatory disease and immune system — Rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, fibromyalgia, HIV/AIDS, chronic fatigue syndrome, complex regional pain syndrome (CRPS)
- Cancers — Breast, lung, prostate, stomach, pancreas, kidney, liver, testicular, ovarian, colon, skin, throat, esophagus, melanoma, bladder, brain, bone and blood (leukemia)
- Diabetes and complications — Diabetic neuropathy, diabetic retinopathy, brittle diabetes, thyroid disease, peripheral vascular disease, hypertension, morbid obesity
- Gastrointestinal — Crohn’s disease, irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), colitis, diverticulitis, pancreatitis
- Lung ailments — Asthma, emphysema, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), sleep apnea, asbestosis, black lung, lung cancer, sarcoidosis
- Liver and kidney disease — Hepatitis, chronic liver disease, cirrhosis, renal failure
- Skin disorders — Scleroderma, burns, psoriasis, atopic dermatitis, melanoma
- Blood and lymph disorders — Sickle cell disease, anemia, hemophilia, Raynaud’s, lymphoma, polycythemia
- Addiction — Dual diagnosis, alcoholism, prescription painkillers, heroin
- Vision and hearing — Macular degeneration, vertigo, tinnitus, pierced eardrum
Social Security Disability Initial Applications And Hearings
We assist clients in “putting their best foot forward” on the initial application. However, the majority of claims are turned down even with legal representation at the initial level. We have a very high success rate at the next level — disability hearings before an administrative law judge (ALJ). This is the first time you will actually meet with a decision-maker “face to face” to explain why you can’t work. We will always send your judge a “pre-hearing legal memo” explaining why we think you should win your case, so he/she is not surprised at the hearing.
Our social security disability lawyers will fully prepare you for your testimony prior to this hearing and sit next to you during the hearing. At the hearing, we will explain to the administrative law judge (ALJ) our “theory of the case” and why you should be approved for benefits. Finally, and perhaps most importantly, we have experience appearing before almost every ALJ in the New York area and Long Island. Our attorneys have a solid reputation for integrity and legal knowledge before these judges. Unlike some firms that have a reputation as “disability factories,” we know how individual judges conduct hearings and what evidence they each require to approve claims. We tailor your claim to the individual judge hearing your case so you have the best chance of winning. If you fall within the small minority who lose at the ALJ hearing level, Turley Redmond Rosasco & Rosasco, L.L.P., is fully prepared to appeal your case as far as the federal courts if necessary.
Our New York Social Security Disability Lawyers Have the Experience and Commitment to Win Your Case
Our lawyers are familiar with a wide range of Social Security Disability impairments and the medical criteria under the Social Security Administration listings. We are also knowledgeable about alternative criteria, such as the Medical-Vocational Guidelines, and special consideration for claimants age 50 or older. The key to our success is working closely with clients and paying attention to the details that can make or break a particular case.
Call the experienced social security disability lawyers of Turley Redmond Rosasco & Rosasco toll-free at 877-693-2529 or contact us online. We offer a free consultation, with convenient office locations in Manhattan, Nassau County and Suffolk County.