Helping Clients Apply for Social Security Benefits
The Social Security Administration (SSA) is an enormous government agency that processes millions of Social Security Income (SSI) and Social Security disability insurance (SSDI) applications every year. To the SSA, you are literally a number. Turley Redmond Rosasco & Rosasco puts a name and story to that number to prove that you are eligible for SSD benefits. Each Shirley social security lawyer at our firm has helped people with disabilities file successful SSD applications in New York. Together, we have close to 30 years of experience with social security claims and know what you need to obtain your rightful benefits as quickly as possible.
The SSD Application Process
While you concentrate on overcoming the new challenges that can arise from living with a disability, an experienced Shirley social security lawyer at our firm will help you get the benefits you need to move forward. During your free consultation, we analyze whether you are eligible for SSD and other benefits, then help you collect evidence of your medical condition, income and work history.
We also guide you through the SSD application process, outlined below:
- File a claim with the appropriate local Social Security Administration field office in the New York region
- After verifying information, the local SSA field office sends your application to the Disability Determination Service (DDS), a federally funded New York state agency tasked with determining whether your medical condition meets the SSA definition of disability
- The DDS reviews the doctors’ reports, hospital treatments, diagnostic test results, medications and other medical evidence
- If the DDS requires additional medical information, the agency arranges for a consultative examination
- Upon deciding that you are disabled, the DDS sends your file back to the SSA field office to complete your eligibility determination
- The SSA calculates your benefit amount and pays you
- If the DDS finds you are not disabled, your file is maintained at the SSA and our attorneys will appeal the decision
What Do You Need to Apply for SSD?
Evidence of your income and disability must accompany your SSD application. To determine your eligibility and file your application, we help you produce documents pertaining to:
- Qualifying medical conditions
- Doctors, hospitals, rehabilitation centers and medications
- Current and past two years of employment
- Other sources of income
- Job history and duties for past 15 years
- Education and training
- Military service
- Spouse and dependent children
- U.S. citizenship or permanent residency
A Shirley social security lawyer at our firm will provide you with a complete checklist of what you need and help you obtain these important documents. We meticulously gather and organize compelling evidence to support your application.
Apply Immediately to Avoid Delays in Receipt of Your SSD Benefits
We understand the importance of receiving your benefits as soon as possible. Our attorneys work quickly to file a successful SSD application backed by sufficient evidence. However, your SSD benefits do not kick in until six months after your disability began. Your waiting period starts at the first full month after your disability, which can further extend the delay by precious weeks. We urge you to apply for SSD benefits immediately so you can receive your first payment as soon as the SSA rules allow.
Learn How a Shirley Social Security Lawyer Can Successfully Guide You Through the SSD Application Process
Obtaining Social Security disability benefits involves a rigorous application process. The disability lawyers at Turley Redmond Rosasco & Rosasco offer you a free consultation so you can learn more about the steps required in applying for SSD and how we can help you collect your rightful benefits. Contact us today to speak with an experienced Shirley social security lawyer. We assist clients throughout New York and Long Island, including Shirley, Ronkonkoma, Riverhead, Garden City, and New York City.