Skip to Content
Logo  Turley Redmond & Rosasco, L.L.P.
News & Resources

Search Our FAQ's

Getting Assistance With Your Claim

You may need assistance from the Worker’s Compensation Board after reporting an on-the-job injury .Form RFA-1W-Request for Assistance By Injured Worker is provided for this purpose. The form is generally not used for claims where the case is not accepted by the employer or carrier. If you are unsure as to whether or not the claim is being argued against, you can call the WCB at 1-877-632-4996.
There are several reasons you may want to file form RFA-1W.
Maybe you’ve been out of work for more than seven days and are not receiving any compensation. Perhaps you aren’t able to earn as much money due to your disability after returning to work. Your payments may have stopped or been reduced. Maybe the Judge at your hearing directed the carrier to pay you but ten days have passed and…no money.
The form is also filed sometimes if your doctor wants to perform a procedure that hasn’t been authorized by the carrier. It is also may be used if medical documents indicate you have a permanent disability but your condition has changed. Maybe a request for medical and transportation reimbursement (Form C-257) was filed but has been denied or not responded to.
RFA-1W is also used if you’ve been recently released from prison and want to resume compensation or if you have returned to work and want to inform the Board.

Top 100 Lawyers