Disability Law Library
The Illusion of the Long Term Disability Safety Net – read this great LA Times article on the current sad state of long term disability claims in the United States before you file your disability claim.
Disability Claims Process Stacked Against Claimant – another good article from the San Francisco Chronicle detailing the high hurdles in the long term disability process.
ERISA Disability Regulations – these are the procedural rules governing the decision making and appeal procedures for ERISA long term disability claims.
Spitzer Settlement with Unum Provident – a press release detailing the multi-state settlement agreement with Unum over unfair claim denials.
“60 Minutes” Expose on Cheating Disability Insurance Carrier – although originally broadcast in 2002, this was the ground breaking report on unfair long term disability claim denials.
Social Security Disability Claims – your long term disability insurance company will require that you file for Social Security for their benefit. Don’t use their so called “free” advocates who are paid directly by the insurance company and will share damaging information to deny your LTD claim. Call us! Many times we can negotiate with the LTD carrier to have them pay for our independent representation, while protecting your LTD claim.
Medline Plus – the most comprehensive health information portal on the internet sponsored by the National Institute of Health (NIH). If you’ve got it, you will find helpful and reliable information here.
Health & Disability Support Groups – the comprehensive Google directory of specific disease support groups.
Disability.gov – a great information portal sponsored by the federal government providing a wealth of information on disability related benefits.
Social Security Disability Links & Resources
- Find Your Local New York Social Security District Office
- Get Your Social Security Benefit Statement Online
- Learn About Medicare and Social Security Disability
- Learn More about SSI (Supplemental Security Income)
- Social Security Adult & Child List of Impairments
- Working While on Social Security Disability
- Comprehensive Frequently Asked Questions on Social Security
- Contact Your Representative in Congress
- Insler & Hermann, LLP, Disability Lawyers
Helpful Practical Links for New York Residents Applying for SSD
Health Insurance While You Wait for Medicare from Social Security Disability
- COBRA Health Insurance from a Prior Employer
- New York Family Health Plus
- New York Child Health Plus
- Medicaid (Not Medicare) in New York
Possible Financial Resources While You Wait for Social Security Disability
- Long Term Disability Benefits
- New York Workers’ Compensation Benefits
- New York Disability Law Benefits
- New York State Unemployment Benefits
- VA Benefits
- Housing for the Disabled in New York
Medical Resources & Support for New York Residents
- New York’s Best Doctors – 15th Edition
- Look Up Your NY Doctor’s Qualifications
- Getting Your Medical Records in NY – Rights and Costs
- American Heart & Stroke Association
- The Spine Foundation
- National Cancer Institute
- American Diabetes Association
- National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI)
- American Chronic Pain Association
- Arthritis Foundation
- American Lung Association
- National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke
- National Multiple Sclerosis (MS) Society
- American Autoimmune Related Disease Association
- Lupus Foundation of America
- National Fibromyalgia Association
- Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation of America
- National Association of People with AIDS