9/11 Cancer Eligibility for the Victim Compensation FundTuesday, December 13, 2016
If you were in the 9/11 “crash site area” in lower Manhattan as indicated in the above map during the period of September 11, 2001 and May 30, 2002, and have been diagnosed by any of the almost 70 covered 9/11 related cancers, you may be eligible for compensation from the federal September 11th Victim Compensation Fund.
Some of the most common 9/11 cancers that responders and survivors are fighting today include:
- Skin Cancer (both basal cell and squamous cell)
- Melanoma Skin Cancer (including superficial spreading melanoma and Nodular melanoma)
- Prostate cancer (adenocarcinomas)
- Colon cancer (starting as tissue growth called polyps)
- Rectal cancer (diagnosed through colonoscopy)
- Bladder cancer (symptoms include blood in urine)
- Kidney cancer (Renal cell carcinoma)
- Pancreatic cancer
- Esophagus cancer
- Stomach cancer
- Lung cancer (both small and non-small lung cancer)
- Female breast cancer (Ductal carcinoma “in situ” and invasive)
- Ovarian cancer
- Acute myeloid leukemia (AML)
- Chronic myeloid leukemia (CML)
- Acute lymphocytic leukemia (ALL)
- Chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL)
- Lymphoma (both Hodgkin’s and non-Hodgkin’s)
- Multiple Myeloma
- Soft Tissue Sarcoma cancer
- Thyroid cancer
- Head, Neck, Throat cancer
- Mesothelioma (Pleural and peritoneal)
- Rare cancers
- Childhood Cancers
Some of the most common 9/11 non-cancer conditions include:
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disorder (COPD)
- Interstitial Lung Disease
- Sleep Apnea
- Reactive Airways Dysfunction Syndrome (RADS)
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
If they were in the crash site area between 9/11/2001 and 5/30/2002, potential 9/11 Victim Compensation claimants include:
- First Responders
- Police Officers
- City Workers
- 9/11 Volunteers
- Construction Workers
- Truckers and Sanitation
- Utility Workers
- Residents living below Canal St.
- Workers below Canal St.
- Students below Canal St.
It should be noted that these lists of potential claimants and conditions are NOT exhaustive. For a a complete list or to discuss your specific 9/11 related illness or cancer, please call the 9/11 attorneys at TURLEY REDMOND & ROSASCO, L.L.P. at 1-855-WTC-INFO.
Our office can help you file your application for 9/11 Victim Compensation and help you enroll in the World Trade Center Health Program which provides free healthcare for life for 9/11 related conditions.