A diagnosis, or even a visible injury or impairment, is not enough to win Social Security Disability benefits. You must meet specific medical criteria, and demonstrate that your medical condition causes serious physical or mental restrictions that prevent you from working. You must prove your disability claim.
That's where the experienced lawyers of Turley Redmond Rosasco & Rosasco, L.L.P., come in. We have a reputation for results even in hard-to-win categories of impairment, such as fibromyalgia and mental illness claims. Over the past 25 years, our team has won benefits for more than 10,000 clients in Social Security Disability claims, hearings and appeals.
We represent individuals from Long Island, Queens and the New York City metropolitan area. Call us today for a free consultation for assistance with your claim.
Success With Physical And Mental Impairment Claims
Attorney Troy Rosasco is a leading SSD lawyer who won some of the earliest cases involving HIV/AIDS, chronic fatigue syndrome, chronic pain disorders and inflammatory diseases. He leads a legal team that has been successful with a wide range of claims, such as:
- Spinal disorders — Herniated disk, spinal stenosis, compression fractures, spinal fusion, artificial disk replacement, osteoarthritis, osteoporosis
- Mental illness — Depression and bipolar disorder, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), anxiety disorders, schizophrenia, ADD/ADHD
- Orthopedic disabilities — Shoulder surgery, hip surgery, knee surgery, hand surgery
- Heart disease — Congestive heart failure, ischemic heart disease, heart attack, enlarged heart, heart transplant, valve disease
- Neurological disorders — Stroke, seizures, multiple sclerosis (MS), Parkinson's disease, myasthenia gravis, ALS (Lou Gehrig's disease), Alzheimer's, brain tumor, dementia
- Inflammatory disease and immune system — Rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, fibromyalgia, HIV/AIDS, chronic fatigue syndrome, complex regional pain syndrome (CRPS)
- Cancers — Breast, lung, prostate, stomach, pancreas, kidney, liver, testicular, ovarian, colon, skin, throat, esophagus, melanoma, bladder, brain, bone and blood (leukemia)
- Diabetes and complications — Diabetic neuropathy, diabetic retinopathy, brittle diabetes, thyroid disease, peripheral vascular disease, hypertension, morbid obesity
- Gastrointestinal — Crohn's disease, irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), colitis, diverticulitis, pancreatitis
- Lung ailments — Asthma, emphysema, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), sleep apnea, asbestosis, black lung, lung cancer, sarcoidosis
- Liver and kidney disease — Hepatitis, chronic liver disease, cirrhosis, renal failure
- Skin disorders — Scleroderma, burns, psoriasis, atopic dermatitis, melanoma
- Blood and lymph disorders — Sickle cell disease, anemia, hemophilia, Raynaud's, lymphoma, polycythemia
- Addiction — Dual diagnosis, alcoholism, prescription painkillers, heroin
- Vision and hearing — Macular degeneration, vertigo, tinnitus, pierced eardrum
Social Security Disability Initial Applications And Hearings
We assist clients in "putting their best foot forward" on the initial application. However, the majority of claims are turned down even with legal representation at the initial level. We have a very high success rate at the next level — disability hearings before an administrative law judge (ALJ). This is the first time you will actually meet with a decision-maker "face to face" to explain why you can't work. We will always send your judge a "pre-hearing legal memo" explaining why we think you should win you case, so he/she is not surprised at the hearing.
Our attorney will fully prepare you for your testimony prior to this hearing and sit next to you during the hearing. At the hearing, we will explain to the administrative law judge (ALJ) our "theory of the case" and why you should be approved for benefits. Finally, and perhaps most importantly, we have experience appearing before almost every ALJ in the New York area and Long Island. Our attorneys have a solid reputation for integrity and legal knowledge before these judges. Unlike some firms that have a reputation as "disability factories," we know how individual judges conduct hearings and what evidence they each require to approve claims. We tailor your claim to the individual judge hearing your case so you have the best chance of winning. If you fall within the small minority who lose at the ALJ hearing level, Turley Redmond Rosasco & Rosasco, L.L.P., is fully prepared to appeal your case as far as the federal courts if necessary.
Knowledgeable And Caring Attorneys Working Hard For You
We are familiar with the medical criteria under the Social Security Administration listings. We are also knowledgeable about alternative criteria, such as the Medical-Vocational Guidelines, and special consideration for claimants age 50 or older. The key to our success is working closely with clients and paying attention to the details that can make or break a particular case.
Our lawyers are familiar with a wide range of Social Security Disability impairments. Call us toll free at 800-671-4927 or contact us online. We offer a free consultation, with six convenient offices in the NYC/Long Island area.